With our thanks to Plant Crush for this recipe.
Vegan Lemongrass “Beef” Spring Rolls Recipe
Grab yourself a pack of our Vegan Teriyaki Jerky and get cooking!
- One small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup minced lemongrass
- Two teaspoons neutral oil, such as grapeseed or avocado
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Two bags of It’s Jerky Y’all’s Prickly Pear Teriyaki Jerky
- Rice paper wrappers (found at the Asian market)
- A wide bowl of warm water
- Two medium Persian cucumbers, cut into long sticks
- 5 oz box of any kind of mixed baby greens, or romaine lettuce
- 1/2 a head of purple cabbage, shredded
- Mint and basil leaves washed and drained
- Five spice peanut sauce, for serving (can also use vegan fish dipping sauce, AKA nước mắm chấm chay)
- In a medium saucepan on high heat, saute the onion and lemongrass in the oil until fragrant.
- Add the vegan jerky and vegetable broth to the pan, tossing to coat.
- Turn the heat to low-medium, cover the pan, and let the jerky simmer in the broth until it has soaked up the liquid completely. Turn the stove off and set the jerky aside to use in the assembly of the spring rolls.
- To assemble the rolls, gather all the ingredients, have the warm water bowl nearby, and a flat rolling surface (a big plate or a wooden cutting board works). Check out the video (above) for a visual guide if needed. Dip a rice paper wrapper into the bowl of water, rotating the whole wrapper once, to ensure the wrapper is moist all around. Lay the wrapper flat on a plate or cutting board. Arrange the fillings on the wrapper: greens, veggies, cucumbers, herbs to your taste, and a few pieces of lemongrass jerky. Tuck and roll, and repeat!