It's only March here in Texas, but it sure does feel like summer. Get inspired to create a delicious dish that is great for any season. Our Summer Salad features kale (kale yeah), mango, pumpkin seeds and more. Plus, a bit of It's Jerky Yall for a bit of protein.
-1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 to 3 medium oranges for 2/3 cup of fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
-5 cups baby kale (if using regular kale, remove ribs and massage to soften kale)
-1 sliced mango
-1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
-1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
-1 bag of "Black Pepper and Sea Salt" It's Jerky Y'All
-2 to 3 tbsp of Radix Foods Garlic Herb Dream Cheese, or more if you wish
1) Grate one of the oranges to get the the orange zest.
2) Slice and juice two to three oranges to get 2/3 cup of fresh orange juice
3) Combine all vinaigrette ingredients, stir well
4) Combine all salad ingredients, then add desired amount of vinaigrette and toss.
Makes about 4 to 5 servings. Last 3 to 4 days in the fridge.